Monday, November 5, 2012

Girly dinos

I wish I could theme my daughters room with pink and purple dinosaurs. We are getting really excited about all kinds of girly things over here. Ruffle bloomers being at the top of the list. I can feel her kick now and it's wonderful. It's mostly when I sit, but she is quite the active baby already. I can just imagine this little girl screaming and running up and down a hallway. Lord, bless me with the energy to handle it.

I keep turning to Travis and telling him traits I hope she has. Mostly, those Meredith eyes. I want the tear drop shaped, big blue beauties. I won't be disappointed though if she ends up with some recessive genes like my mom's brown eyes, or a big white birthmark. In fact, I think a big white birthmark will be awesome! I'm pretty excited just to have this baby actually.

23 weeks and counting. Which is in my mind, 17 weeks till I have a baby. A few times, I have been asked how far along I am and I have to think. All I see is 17 weeks left, everyone else in the world wants how far have you gone. Then there are those people who say things like, "most first born come a few weeks late." "she'll probably be late.". For you people, I honestly wanna punch you in the face. I actually wanna swat your hands and tell you that your belly touching privilege is not a right. It's a privilege that I am so friendly and allow you to touch me. Let me count down, and you keep those kinda negative things to yourself or suffer the consequences of a hormonal, pregnant woman.

Knowing that hormones are the cause when I'm thinking crazy lady thoughts does not diminish the fact that I'm thinking meanly or saying things in that tone I loathe. That "I'm so agitated by your existence" tone. I will control my anger, I'm all talk most of the time. So if you're worried any negativity will alienate you from my life, don't be. I'm pretty chill even when my mind is not sound.

On the topic of belly touching, I've noticed the people who I would be most comfortable touching my belly are the people least likely to do so. Odd. I have very polite family and friends. They almost always ask.

Now I'm off to vote. I don't want my daughter to think I skimp on my duties as a U.S. citizen. This is after all a Constitutional Republic.

-Heather Rand and Baby Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment