Friday, June 18, 2021

My Journey To Apostasy

     As with all exmormons, or former members of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints", I too want to discuss my feelings publicly. The Brighamite sect of the Mormons has a tendency to shame and silence exmembers. We are taught that "people who leave have always wanted to sin", it's perfectly okay to kick people when they're down and on hard times and we must remind them the church is my only way to happiness in this life, exmormons can "leave the church, but they can't leave it alone". ah yes, the only culture I've ever been raised in or known my whole life, I must give it ALL UP. Especially the virtues I liked, and I should never talk about the things in my culture that hurt me either. What a joke. Obviously, a phrase meant to control and silence. 


    So here I am, screaming at the internet that I am just as strong as my pioneer great grandfather who left Europe and former family traditions to join "Zion" in Utah. Yes such bravery, much hard. Maybe reading this you too can avoid your children and family leaving the church. My advice for that specifically would be: You must teach them love is conditional, knowledge has a ceiling and cannot extend into eternity, all people are evil because loving them as they are is a gateway drug to accepting people different from them as valid, and give up and grow up, on the idea of keeping your kids in the church forever because you can't control anyone other than yourself. In the words of Russel M Nelson, your job as a parent is to "Love them, lead them, and let them go" so at some point with them...let them go. 


I guess it will have to be a series, and so far these are the ideas I have. Subject to change with hyperlinks added later.

1.The gay agenda got me first

2.My mental health made me do it

3.Youtube radicalized me

4.I've always wanted to sin

5.Today's church history is tomorrow's anti-mormon rhetoric (jumping ship)

No comments:

Post a Comment